Bill Gates’ Summer Reading List 2018
Bill Gates released his summer reading list a couple of days ago, and the media is all over it. I subscribe to Gates Notes, his blog, so I got the post. Gates reads interesting books and many of them gives him insights into how to solve big problems in the world. The books he recommend you read this summer sound interesting, so I list them below for you. I will be recommending a different set of books I plan to read, but I thought important to mention his book list.
Introduction to Avil Beckford’s Summer Reading List 2018
I love to read. My to-be-read list is as high as Mt. Everest. Just kidding, but you get the picture. I am leading and taking part in the Strategic Reading Challenge, so there are specific types of books that I must read to satisfy the criteria. I am testing the hypothesis that if you read the right books, you can profit from the ideas, if you implement them. This means that I am also reading the books that the interviewees say they profited from. I am reading books this summer to mostly get an education. I have said countless times that you can use a reading challenge as a learning tool.
At some point during the next three months, I am either going to read a book a day for thirty days or read a book a day for fifteen days twice. And I will be mining the books for ideas between the pages. Below is the list of books I want to read. I will not necessarily get through all of them, but I do intend to put a sent in the list. I do not expect you to read all those books on the list. You can pick five.
Summer Reading List
- No One Ever Taught Me How to Learn, I. C. Robledo
- The Insane Energy System, Peter Farrell
- My Journey, Donna Karan
- Einstein’s Dreams, Alan Lightman
- The Stuff of Thought, Steven Pinker
- Lifestyle Business Playbook, Marta Magdalene
- The Big Thing: How to Complete Your Creative Project Even If You’re a Lazy, Self-Doubting Procrastinator Like Me, Phyllis Korkki
- Beyond Influencer Marketing: Create Connections with Influential People to Build Authority, Grow Your List, and Boost Revenue, Cloris Kylie
- The Language of Emotional Intelligence, Jeanne Segal
- The Age of Metapreneurship: A Journey into the Future of Entrepreneurship, CJ Cornell
- The Silk Road: The History and Legacy of the Trade Routes that Connected Europe and Asia, Charles River Editors
- The Profit Zone: How Strategic Business Design Will Lead You to Tomorrow’s Profits,
- Adrian J. Slywotzky
- Everyone’s An Artist (or At Least They Should Be): How Creativity Gives You the Edge in Everything You Do, Ron Tite
- Thinking in Bets: Making Smarter Decisions When You Don’t Have All the Facts, Annie Duke
- Brand Identity Breakthrough: How to Craft Your Company’s Unique Story to Make Your Products Irresistible, Gregory Diehl
- Buy Buttons: The Fast-Track Strategy to Make Extra Money and Start a Business in Your Spare Time [Featuring 300+ Apps and Peer-to-Peer Marketplaces], Nick Loper
- Buyer Legends: The Executive Storyteller’s Guide, Jeffrey Eisenberg
- Ship Economics: Surviving the Age Of AI, Not Woodrow Wilson
- Start with No: The Negotiating Tools that the Pros Don’t Want You to Know, Jim Camp
- How to Write Seductive Web Copy: An Easy Guide to Picking Up More Customers, Henneke Duistermaat
- The Astoundingly Persuasive Argument From Human Behavior: God’s Existence Has Been Written Into Everyone’s Mind, Eric Demaree
- Make ‘Em Beg to Be Your Client: The Nonfiction Authors’ Guide to Selling, Serving and Funding a Movement, Dr. Angela E. Lauria
- The Art of Effective Learning: How To Read 1,000 Words Per Minute: Remember Anything, Accelerate Your Learning And Become Insanely Productive – WITH MINIMAL EFFORT, Tim Pierce
- Storynomics: Story-Driven Marketing in the Post-Advertising World, Robert Mckee
- Be a Writing Machine: Write Faster and Smarter, Beat Writer’s Block, and Be Prolific, M.L. Ronn
- Champion’s Mental Edge: Turning Winners into Champions, Robert Andrews
- 10x Marketing Formula: Your Blueprint for Creating ‘Competition-Free Content’ That Stands Out and Gets Results, Garrett Moon
- The Future and Bitcoin: A Beginner Guide on Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies, Investing and Trading, Mining, Wallet, Jesse Tate
- The Art of Thinking In Systems: Improve Your Logic, Think More Critically, And Use Proven Systems To Solve Your Problems – Strategic Planning For Everyday Life, Steven Schuster
- The Owner’s Manual for the Brain (4th Edition): The Ultimate Guide to Peak Mental Performance at All Ages, Pierce Howard
- Cyber Economics: Digital Resources are Changing the World, Antonio Belo Santos
- Chasing the Monkey King, D.C. Alexander
- Your Story Matters!: 3 Breakthrough Secrets to Stories That Transform, Linda A. Olson
- Brain Surfing: The Top Marketing Strategy Minds in the World, Heather LeFevre
- Speed Learning: How To Become An Expert In Just About Anything (Business, School, Life), Christopher Warrick
- How to Predict the Future By Creating It Yourself: The User’s Manual For Your Subconscious Mind, Chad Chesmark
- The Courage to Create, Rollo May
Which Books from the List Will You Choose to Read to Get an Education?
The books above interest me. I will add in some fiction written by authors around the globe to diversify my reading. Choose books from the list that will help you the most in your career.
Thinking in BetsThe Profit ZoneMy JourneyEinstein’s DreamsThe Stuff of Thought: Language as a Window into Human NatureBrain SurfingThe Language of Emotional IntelligenceThe Age of MetapreneurshipShip EconomicsStorynomicsThe Owner’s Manual for the BrainCyber EconomicsChasing the Monkey King
Links can be affiliate links.