Getting Started With The Invisible Mentor
If you want to Learn, Stretch, and Grow, you have come to the right place. My challenge to you is to read a book a week. On this website, you will find book reviews, summaries, and recommendations; mini biographies; interviews with successful people; and a variety of articles that are focused on helping you to become more valuable and marketable. If you’re a student whose sole purpose is to find analyses of characters and plots of classic literature, this site is definitely not for you!
A major focus over the past year, is to help you learn the 10 skills you need to thrive in the future, and I recommend the books you need to read to do so. On the Shop page, you will find short e-books/printables I created, to help you to get the most out of your reading. I want you to profit from your reading. The e-books are for self-directed learners. Go to e-Book Section now!
Getting Started Learning Menu
10 Key Skills to Succeed
- If You Read One Article About Complex Problem Solving Skills Read This One
- Why Critical Thinking Skills are the Secret Ingredients for Success
- The Beginner’s Playbook to Creativity Skills
- Why Our World Would End If People Management Skills Disappeared
- Complete Beginner’s Guide to Collaboration Skills
- Ultimate Guide to Emotional Intelligence Skills
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Service Orientation
- How Decision Making Skills Can Get You Your Heart’s Desire
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Negotiation Skills
- Bite-Sized Guide to Cognitive Flexibility Skills
- How to Increase Your Learning Comprehension
- How to Remember What You Read
- Mind Mapping for Kids by Toni Krasnic, Review
- How to Read a Book a Day for 30 Days
- How to Read 30 Books in 30 Days
- 10 Ways to be a Better Learner by Jeff Cobb, Review
- How to Master a Subject
- How to Formulate and Ask Intelligent Questions
- How to Interview: What I Learned after 20 Years of Interviewing People
- How to Analyze Information
If you are interested in becoming a better learner, I think that 10 Ways to be a Better Learner by Jeff Cobb and Mind Mapping for Kids by Toni Krasnic are two excellent books. I am including the affiliate links for your convenience in case you’d like to purchase them.
Avil Beckford’s Books/Printables
For close to a year, I have spent a lot of time writing about the 10 key skills needed for future jobs. I emphasize reading the right books to learn the skills. But to remember what you learn, it is important to take effective notes. Part of the process is to review your notes and find the big ideas. Once you get the big ideas, what do you do with them? If you are not a reader there is an e-book that helps you to create your reading plan.
Although I write about these topics extensively, I have created e-books/printables to make it easy for you to access the information.