Introduction to Guide to Learning 10 Key Skills to Thrive in 2020
Hopefully, by now, you have completed Month Two of the Strategic Reading Challenge, and getting the hang of reading five books in the month. I structured the reading challenge, so that you can easily learn the 10 key skills needed for future jobs. To complement the books that you read to learn and master the skills, I created a series of curated posts on each of the 10 skills.
Before you start Month Three of the Strategic Reading Challenge, make sure that you have all your five books handy. This way you know which books you intend to read, and you can read them one after another without scrambling to find a book to read. Once again, before you buy any books, look at the unread books you have that meet the reading requirements for this month. This is a way to save money.
In This Article, You Will Learn
- Book to read to start developing cultural intelligence.
- The type of book to read every six days to learn key workplace skills.
- How to accelerate the process to learn the key skills.
- Books that Avil Beckford have read.
Month Three: Strategic Reading Challenge
This month we are visiting Asia. There are 50 countries in Asia, so you have a lot of choice in terms of books to read. There are many books written centuries ago, especially books from India, China, and Japan. It could be fascinating to blend the old with the new – classics vs contemporary.
Strategic Reading Challenge Requirements: Month Three – Reading Asia & Learning Negotiation, Cognitive Flexibility, and Communication Skills
- Read a book written by an author born in Asia.
- Read a book that teaches you negotiation techniques.
- Read a book that teaches you cognitive flexibility.
- Read a book that teaches you how to be a better presenter.
- Read a book to improve your written communication skills.
- Each week, read a technology article from a well-respected journal/magazine.
Month Three: Books for Career Development
How to Accelerate Learning the Key Skills
Here are the related curated posts that I created to accelerate the process to learn the 10 employability skills. These curated posts complement the books you decide to read.
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Negotiation Skills
- Bite-Sized Guide to Cognitive Flexibility Skills
Related Books That Avil Read
The Journey to the West, Revised Edition, Volume 1The Journey to the West, Revised Edition, Volume 2How to Sweet-Talk a Shark15 Minutes Including Q&ASeveral Short Sentences About WritingThis book will teach you how to write better