6 Must-Know About Resources
There are many times that I discover resources while searching on the Internet, attending a webinar or event, or one of readers may email me with a link, and I am always very grateful. Recently, I learned about a few resources that I would like to share with you.
- MOOCs (massive open online courses) are all the rage these days. A friend who works as an online instructional designer told me about Mindboot, a spot where you can find a variety of platforms that are offering MOOCs. During the conversation, she also mentioned Saylor, which is another platform that offers MOOCs. At Mindboot, you can access Saylor, edX, Coursera, and all the other platforms that you are familiar with.
- I subscribe to Mari Smith’s weekly newsletter, and a couple of weeks ago, she alerted us to Tweak Your Biz Title Generator by Liam Delahunty & Anita Campbell. Although the tool is limited, I love it. And let me explain what I mean by limited, whatever keyword you type into the search box you will always get the same results, the only difference is the keyword in the suggested article title. That is not a bad thing, because many of those article types have been tested by the great copywriters so they work. This is what I mean by the tool is limited, “9 Places to Get Deals on Virtual Literary World Tour.” That title makes no sense, but there are instances when it would be fine with other keywords.
- If you find reading a book a day daunting, perhaps you can start off by reading a short story a day. American Literature makes it very easy for you to do so. You also have access to stories that you can read to your children and grandchildren.
- To convert your video into different formats, Free Video Converter may be the answer.
- Subscribers to the Free Technology for Teachers learned about the U.S. National Gallery of Art, which has over 25,000 high quality images that we can use for free.
- For those of you who love Ted Talks, here is a link to “Your mega summer reading list: 200 books recommended by TEDsters.”
Please leave your thoughts on 6 must-know about resources in the comment box below. All book links are affiliates.