As you enjoy the summertime, here are 15 quotes to reflect on.
- It’s not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it’s because we do not dare that they are difficult.” Seneca
- “A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow.” George S. Patton
- “One day as Manjusri stood outside the gate, the Buddha called to him, ‘Manjusri, Manjusri, why do you not enter?” Manjusri replied, “I do not see myself as outside. Why enter?’” Banzan
- “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles. Have no friends not equal to yourself. When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them.” Analects of Confucius
- “…He who shows himself is not conspicuous; He considers himself right is not illustrious; He who brags will have no merit; He who boasts will not endure…” Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leo Tolstoy
- “If one has both knowledge and wisdom, the lamp illuminates even the darkest night.” Chao-Hsiu Chen, The Master
- “Being on the way requires a move forward and sometimes a step of faith into the unknown.” Kavula John, Light For Our Path 2007
- “… All dreams are meaningful and significant. Meaningful, because they contain a message which can be understood if one has the key for its translation. Significant, because we do not dream of anything that is trifling, even though it may be expressed in a language which hides the significance of the dream message behind a trifling façade.” Erich Fromm, The Forgotten Language
- “Opportunities do not come to those who wait. They are captured by those who attack.” General George S. Patton
- “Nothing lasts forever — not even your troubles.” Arnold H. Glasow
- “When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.” Benjamin Franklin
- “We must never forget that all humanity is in the same boat. If some of us are sinking, all of us are sinking.” Michael Berg, The Way
- “By being discontented, the spirit searches for ways to improve its condition and for a better channel for expressing itself. This sense of discontent is the engine that drives all creativity and innovation… Our blue moments are a necessary part of our human evolution.” Chin-Ning Chu, Working Woman’s Art of War
- “The most advanced, creative and original thinking is always a product of historical context and the influences of previous geniuses, mentors, and collaborators on the mind of the originator.” Michael J. Gelb, Discover Your Genius
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below. Many readers read this blog from other sites, so why don’t you pop over to The Invisible Mentor and subscribe (top on the right hand side) by email or RSS Feed.
Book links are affiliate links.