I started blogging in March 2009, so I have been blogging for nine months. I am amazed at how much content I have produced. I promised my readers that I would blog at least four times each week and I have honored that commitment. Other promises include interviewing highly successful people and reviewing books off the beaten track. I have been pretty good with the interviews, but I have to develop a plan to review books off the beaten track. I have to create a reading plan.
So for the next year, I will do a better job of bringing books that you wouldn’t think of reading, but need to know about. This is an education blog, so it has to be content rich. I am also testing my belief that there is nothing new under the sun, and we can use some of yesterday’s ideas to solve today’s problems. What are your thoughts?
If there is specific content that you’d like to see, please leave a comment for me in the comment box. As I started to write this post I had the epiphany that this year was a year of planting seeds. Because of the law of nature, I have to plant the seeds, water and nurture them before I can harvest. I hope that you will continue on this journey with me.
Based on the interviews I have conducted and books I have read, here are some lessons learned and some great ideas.
15 Great Ideas
- Know thyself!
- Trust yourself!
- When undertaking any endeavour, act as if it were impossible to fail
- Those who reach success are likely to be constant workers
- When you are participating in a conversation, you need to understand not only what is said, but also what is not said. You also need to understand what the people involved are thinking and feeling but not saying to each other
- In the end, our lives will be judged not by the things that we began, but by the things that our effort and resolve brought to a successful conclusion
- Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event – it is nothing more than a few errors in judgment repeated everyday
- The past is a learning memory. The future is a yearning goal. The present is the only moment that exists. You can stretch that moment out forever if you are constantly aware of every now
- Anything can be practiced. A guitar piece to a positive way of life. Practice is simply concentrating on a single action or idea until it no longer exists in your conscious mind
- Make life meaningful by doing work that you are passionate about. Live each day as if it were your last
- Everyone wants to be liked, appreciated and wanted. People also want to feel like they are a part of something bigger than themselves
- We are our brother’s keeper
- What would happen if we let others know that we believed in them?
- Each of us is right in the middle of our own Acres of Diamonds, if only we would realize it and develop the ground we are standing on before charging off in search of greener pastures
- Opportunity does not just come along – it is there all the time – we just have to see it
15 Life Lessons Learned
- Be yourself!
- Always listen
- Forgiveness is always easier than resentment—and healthier
- Nobody is free from insecurity or dysfunctions. Some are just better at hiding it.
- Life doesn’t last forever so speak the truth
- Feel the fear and do it anyway
- Help people
- Take care of your family
- It is possible to find solutions for even the most intractable problems–by listening, by leading with a fair and transparent approach, by being open to new ideas and ways of handling situations, and by affirming people as often as possible
- Always do what needs to be done
- Be likable
- Be understanding toward others
- It’s about people and relationships
- Success is never about money
- Persistence pays!
What are some great ideas that you have discovered and what are some life lessons that you have learned so far?
Many readers read this blog from other sites, so why don’t you pop over here (top on the left side) The Invisible Mentor and subscribe by email or RSS Feed and I would love it if you left a comment for me in the box below.